Friday, April 27, 2012

This is how it starts
I had a bump or two -rock - wood or fish?  When your new and you don,t know or have the feel it,s difficult.. But; when you know your shoulder comes up,the rod goes back and your momentarily part of the bottom-until it moves!  You wonder? and cry: FISH ON!  your heart skips. Suddenly, he his there watching the action. the rod tip goes comes down and flattens-the fish shows ya what.  Hope my equiptment holds, did i tie my knot rt? have i checked my line for nicks.  Are my hooks sharp enougth?  rocky stands next to me-watching.  The fish rolls, rockies eyes role at me.. The fish is big.  i bring him in to shallow water--rocky gets in front of me.  the fish rushes back and forth.  rocky watches.  I,m yelling get away,away.  not rocky,he knows what his job is.  Even if i don,t.  The fish is lying on the edge of the beach, the spoon and treble hook plainly visible.. Please not his lip, not his eye -please..  rocky there now,fish is quiet dorsal comes down,  rockies mouth surrounds and clamps. the fish wiggles, rocky clamps a little tighter. picks the fish up-turns and and gives him to me..  i,m dying i sink to my knees and hold my my hands out--unable to breath.  and accept my gift.  The fish is incredibly beautiful--copperchrome cheeks going to copper/red and pink n red dots--a milky way of redsuns pink planet on a universe of darkgreen and black dots..

I,am INTerrupted.

Why are you holding that fish against your chest? I look up-a kayaker in the middle of january.  Why? why indeed?  i,m stunned unable to answer. Why am i holding this fish to my chest,i,m content, the fish is content.  i tell the man i,m trying to decide. Do You have a camera? yes click. i roll the fish-an explosion-he,s gone. my eyes weep, my heart swells. thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment