Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rockys First fish,
fishing is my life, my whole being is wrapped up in fishing.  my friends know this.. so of course i wanted a water dog for a friend.  rocky is my trainer and takes me out  his? daily walk.  i was becoming stronger-i was able to make it all the way to safeway (6 blocks 2 sits) and rocky n i were looking for something better. so down to the river.  i hadn,t fished the river in over 10 years..my balance was poor.  i had become afraid -- of my 1st love--i knew one mistake esp in january would be fatal.  we started to walk the centennial trail its safe, flat and a lot of fun just to walk.  we fished in riverfront park (downtown) and gradually walked the dirt path at the end of the pavement exploring and poking about.  rocky n i found four paths about a mile long side the river..i found a less traveled path down a steep bank. a little further along another short steep path down to the riverside and a sandy beach. 

About my fishing equipment;
I have found that the simplest set up is the best setup..  I,ve flyfished with all its strange knots, tapered leaders, weighted and unwaited line, different rod lengths and  on-n-on... I have caught my share of steelhead rainbows--big bastards.  but, the real challenge is setting your friend/family on fish .

No comments:

Post a Comment