Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Color Blue

 I've have got this scene going on involving the color blue   I discovered quite by accident that blue has become part of my life.  You see i have these blue wrap-arounds and Avista blankets of various colors and patterns.  My plastic blinds broke, i replaced them with a blanket from Avista,I didn't have enough money to buy new. These cheap blankets covered my windows. I happened to hang them over my south exposed window after I had insulated them with avista plastic insulator packs.. That is the thin plastic film that they provide.   I love them, easy to apply,double back tape and this year i triple insulated my windows and hung  the blue wrap-around blanket over the south facing window and it immediatly started to heat my home.  On my front windows, I've got a Avista red plaid blanket and on the other an avista brown plaid blanket.  Both of these windows face east and in late spring and summer receive lots of heat !  I strongly believe in winter ventilation and i strongly believe in insulation, I've triple insulated all my windows this winter and my house is warm.  Last winter the floor was very cold which kept my legs and feet cold.  I knew that there are things i could do to stop the many airscapse flows.  Windows were triple insulated with a plastic film, over windows and over double windows and then over the woodwork around the windows.  I also put some blockage between windows, foaming glue, and plastic v-shaped plastic strips from Avista.  So today i'm sitting in a nice and warm living room.  The airflow around my two doors is controlled with once again an avista green plaid blanket and a rug.

But this is not why i'm  telling you about the conversion of my south facing porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment