Monday, May 7, 2012

American terror

Dishman Hills:  sat may5;

I didn,t like the fact that i was going into the dishman hills on a weekend.  the place litterly crawls with people. none-the-less i was going into the burn and a spot my prediction said mushrooms would be.  Holly and I had been there the wk before and gotten some heat.  We had driven into the gated community of multi million homes.  We were delighted on our score and gleefully swept up our prize as we our first major haul.  This time was different and i had to walk by the gate and act as if rocky and i belonged.  Not Hard. We walked along until we got by the final fence line then cut to the left and climbed directly into the burn.   Once again i was looking for my flower indicator (full bloom) and moved quickly up the slope looking all the way.  i could see in the distance the blooms--and moved towards them. Suddenly a morel popt up.  I was in a bowl of downed, burned timber. The ponderosa pine needles turning copper brown and falling from the limbs.  It is beautiful-ashes and life springing forth greens of every shade, bright yellow. blue poka dots and black on black. and morels.  I gathered them up.peeking, crawling,leaning,stretching- reaching.  The morels doing their best to hide. I worked my way thru the patch.  Finishing I looked for another patch of flowers above me.  i crawled up-saw some good timber-lots of flowers no morels. A home had come into view.  It was gorgeous,manicured with downed burned timber all around it.  Rocky who had nothing better to do after inspecting my efforts had gone to visit.  I prayed no one was home.  My legs were tiring-i looked for a way to leave. the house was on the other side of a ravine with was access to my entry point.  I prayed no one was home-I crossed the ditch rocky running around their house. The quickest way around and away was on the left..i moved quickly, call rocky who was sniffing the front door.  come now i whispered.. Down the hill we went trying to put some distance between us.. Ahundred feet from the house "hay you fucking asshole get off my land..I.m calling the cops" he disappeared. He reappeared. " I called the cops Trespassing is a 382$ fine you thief! get off my land.  I retreated-He was apoplectic with rage and helplessness. yelling thief,trespasser.  He was rt of course.  But, if i had oil on my land; He wouldn,t hesitate to take my land and call me stupid.  I and R retreated ,staying quiet. Rocky watched me. i found another bowl, I picked them. I was on top of a little cliff .  Below were homes, and just beyond my van. We were in  a real fix it was sat. 5 PM; I could here several voices to my rt.  No matter I had no choice, we went down thru a slit in the rock and into a well built fence. a fence capable of keeping both rocky and out.  We had to move forward the road was a hundred ft away the van a hundred yards.The fence was $" mesh with barbwire strung on top. Rocky could not get thru, crawling over the top was possible but dangerous for me..  I noticed a palate tied to the fence--perhaps--  I looked at there was a chain around the top corner locked to a fence post.  ?? How am i going to do this. If this is the door where are the hinges? I grabbed the left side and gave it a good tug up.  It moved!  There were no hinges--I pulled it open.  I put the gate back, unnoticeable.  We moved toward, lumps in our throat,  the house.  the backyard was fenced--we retreat and tried the rt, there were two old cars.  we were out!   We walked along the road,  they van directly a head--We walked by the left--then doubled back and put rocky in.  A Black SUV appeared out of no wear, stopped and wrote down my licence  number.  It went down the street turned around - drove past, around the corner and parked.  Te Jig was up!  I got in and left.  They had accomplished there mission to terrorize me.  But RnI had accomplished our mission.
i didn,t count on the fact that my prediction that their would be mushrooms in both spots,would be so acurrate that the mushrooms in dishman hills were also 2 days older.??

No comments:

Post a Comment