Saturday, April 5, 2014

Remembering Pete Graves and other Outlaws

Today I took rocky for a walk as usual.. I went to walk under the power lines looking for morels--the last three yrs,  i,ve been going there a few times a year and finding a few.. However today i was challenged by a parti on the other side of a fence.. Actually i wasn,t challenged...I was told by the man, his wife and father..He told me to get off his property as they had only given a "rt of way"  I told him "go fuck yourself"  He said He was going and getting his gun...I said " don,t threaten" if your going to get your gun..He said , Maybe i,ll just come over and kick Your ass " I said c,mon..."knock me down"  shouldn,t be much of a problem as i,m 70.. I said as long as your threatening me with a gun and assault...I,ll go ahead and call the sheriff..which i did... I asked them : why are you bothering me?? Especially, when there is a flat black 4X4 truck which is driving on the power line right of way and your property...Look! there it is!  The truck proceeded down the hill and disappeared into the woods.. A minute later the truck reappeared about the same time the the sheriff pulled up.. So, i explained the situation to them and pointed out the truck...The sheriff said that crooks use the powerline road to get rid of stripped vehicle and other stuff..Not surprising to me.. i,ve noticed that there is at least one mangled vehicle in every little canyon.. i assumed they were bajaers that lost their vehicle and stripped it for anything of value...You see  this in the george too...Mater of fact I paid Pete Graves brother $100 to have my vehicle towed out of a canyon that I had become hopelessly stuck in..Graves happened to have a D-4 cat and went and got it for me.  As I recall i had a friend try and pull me out with his truck...He about got stuck, so I went to plan B..One of my many adventures...I thought it was very generous for him to help...In the spring time farmers are busy.. He could have said, I,ll get it when I have the time and left me dangleing...But that is not like the Graves family..Pete was a great muscian and a member of the country music hall of fame.. He has a wonderful collection of songs on tape now DVD..Most of them about the white salmon area...I really liked pete..I used to visit him and he would play.. When you think your hot stuff and then you meet Pete--you just feel humbled .  A real man...
PS. I,m glad this incident ended with Pete graves and his brother..Makes it a lot more tolerable

No comments:

Post a Comment