Friday, January 16, 2015

Rocky Thanks Nurse Betty

Every thing is screwed up!?
I lost my credit card- so i ordered a new one.  In the meantime my phone was shutoff by virgin,i pay by credit card.. 
Then rocky jumped into the river and struck a broken bottle, severly cutting his leg.  I wrapped his leg tightly and got the bleeding stopped.
Later that evening while on my computer i kept looking at rocky, thankful.  Rocky was busy cleaning himself but something was bothering me.   I forced myself away from my computer and Looked...what  was wrong?  Rocky layed there surrounded by Red..my God it was blood and expanding.,  Rocky was bleeding out right in front of me,  my living room rug was ruined.
I wrapped his leg tightly and went to bed at 11pm.  I needed rest.  I got up early his foot was swollen Huge.,but not bleeding.  I took him to the vet who wanted 350$ to sew him up..I got no money..honey..
I drove down to the spokane falls clinic..i have a friend down there.  Nurse betty, who loves rocky, came outside.  She took a look at rocky and said wait-a-second and disappeared.  She returned shortly with a bag of everything rocky needed, iodine, neoporsin, bandages..you name it.   
I went home, got my supplies ready.. his cut had quit bleeding.."thank you Jesus".. I wrapped his leg firmly, cut the top off a sock n slid it over his foot and foreleg..putting pressure on both.   I  told rocky to leave it alone--which he did for 3 days..
 Now he,s in charge keeping it clean--a really nasty scar is forming. my carpet is ruined. Rocky did not bleed out.. I,m thankful his achilles tendon was missed.. i love his independent spirit--this week he decided he wanted to swim across the spokane river. I watched him go he went about half way turned chicken and came back. About 15 min later, he took off again,  i decided to cheer him on.He got thru the confusion zone, where caution and desire meet. He took off for the farshore and made it. He shook himself off, ran up river--and plunged back into the river. And swam back all triumphant... When we got home-- their was a shut off notice for my utilities..oh great! and then my water pump went out on my van. OOh there,s more--suffice to say I,m getting over my whinning snievling and feeling sorry for myself all the time! The problems will be solved--one by one. In the mean time I thank Jesus Christ for his blessings on our lives

No comments:

Post a Comment