Tuesday, October 29, 2013

mushrooms along the river

Went out for mushrooms--about killed myself--trying to get them. The quarry was oyster mushrooms , which are shelf mushrooms and grow on trees, the tree in question was laying against a steep bank covered in maple leaves, which are deadly..if you walk on them (leaves) you will soon find yourself sliding out of control.. I of course-after last years exp--decided to slid on my butt--The mushrooms eyed my machete--it was only a meat clever--as i prepared to free them from their bondage---ingrates! i made a couple of cuts-getting the whole spray of mushrooms. i carefully placed them in my bag.. suddenly i started to slid-under a dead tree limb..my cap went here my gloves there.. the ...knife..disappeared into the pile of leaves and broken limbs.. using a stick to stir the pile i soon found my clever. Then climbing up the 10 feet and bracing myself against another fallen tree, i soon picked the remainder i could get too. I,m not crazy yaknow.. My plan--Yes,i do have plans..was to slide down to the river,rather than try and go up the hill,. the river is low and bank is available..but in the process of sliding down thge 30 ft--thru tangles and briars..Rocky managed to get is rear foot caught--he started yelping--but there was nothing i could do..he finally freed himself--but he,s limping tonite. we walked down the riverbank to a place where there are steps..The very steps i warned two women about being careful of the leaves..The one that went down--fell.. Listen Grasshopper to the old man.. Postscript: Im getting stronger , more agile and i can put my pants on one leg at a time ...well kinda..

No comments:

Post a Comment