Friday, November 4, 2016

Manifest Destiny

       Less then a 100 years ago, you could walk from St. Louis Missouri to Portland, without being impeded. The other day Rocky and I went walking on what i thought was a old pioneer trail. About half way on our circle, I was suddenly confronted by an white SUV, the woman driving it and an old man +- my age with a clip-t mustache. He informed me I was trespassing and did I see the No-trespassing sign? Of course not! I have trained myself Not to see no trespassing signs for many years. An Old man walking his dog suddenly went ballistic. I yelled at him I railed against him. I told him ... Less then 100 yrs ago Americans could walk from St Louie, Mo. unimpeded. Then your grandfather came to this very property on the trail to Portland or Seattle. He killed all of the Indians, killed all the elk, buffalo and then put up Barb wire and ordered everything out. He was God on his property. I told him and her to " Go to Hell" and turned around and left as i came.
        Postscript: the day before, A Spokane man, a vet had a knock on his door. Being armed he answered the door and noticing no one was present he went out in the yard to look further. There was a confrontation and he shot the man, Who he claimed charged him. The man ran away and bled to death. All the kills by Spokane Wa. citizens is approved by the public. This is the second one. My take-away is ... don't knock on doors. And, I was lucky again. I've had guns pulled on me twice (rifles). and I need a pistol in order to protect Rocky from pit-bulls and for my own safety, as we were assaulted by a man 20 yrs younger and his pit-bull

No comments:

Post a Comment